Sunday, June 21, 2020

Realizations of an Average Person During the Quarantine

The Covid 19 Pandemic surely caused changes on the regular routine of everyone in the world. It’s been almost three months since the quarantine occurred in our city, and by now, most of us surely have their individual realizations and lessons learned. I know we have different quarantine stories. My story might not be as intense as other people’s story, but I’m speaking in behalf of those average people who seem to think that their life is not worth a book.

 

Where did I spend my Quarantine Days?

When the lockdown was imposed last 26th of March, I was staying in my Boarding house almost 1 kilometer from my working place. I was staying there all by myself, I was not able to travel to my family home due to city restrictions.

 

What Kept me Sane During the Quarantine?

The perks of being an introvert made things easy for me.  I find solitude and peace in being alone. So on the first days of the quarantine, I never felt any sign of anxiety.  After consuming lots of movies and TV series on the first week, and unfortunately that increasing number of Covid positive signifying the lockdown will be extended for a long time, I thought I needed to do something productive.  So how can I be productive inside that small room w/o even a beautiful sight of the world? My room has a small window but is facing another wall. So I needed to went out daily on our common clothesline area just get some sunshine and fresh air. I can’t even bring my dirty clothes to Laundry shop, so I washed almost daily so it won’t pile up. That was also an alibi for me to stay in the clothesline.

 

I finished that inspirational Chicken Soup book and started reading a self improvement book that was lying on my shelf for too long. I wrote blogs again.

Until the Ramadan came by last 24th of April. I’m supposed to spend the Ramadhan in my hometown with my family but unfortunately, I still can’t go home. But it turns out that I had the best Ramadan ever in terms of performing it correctly. I downloaded the Holy Qur-an  and read it. I even almost completed prayers. For the first time in my life, I performed the late night prayers or Tahajud.  I watched daily sermon of Mufti Menk about Comfort for Crisis.  Alhamdulillah, If not due to lockdown, I will not be able to do that.

 

What are my top three Realizations during this pandemic?

We had a zoom meeting with my officemates and these were also the things I’ve told them.

First, Faith to the Almighty. When you are alone and left without choice where anxiety will try to eat you up, Faith will save you. The quarantine brought me closer to the almighty and I really felt His Presence.

Second, Gratitude. Appreciation of small things. Focus on what you have and be thankful about it. Knowing that my family and I were healthy, and we still have resources for our food  is something I need to thank about, Alhamdulillah.

Third. Savings. I thank myself for being so thrifty when it comes to money.  Aside from travelling, I don’t spend  lot on material things. New gadgets and branded clothes are not my thing. So now that we can’t have our normal salary, I still have money to purchase my necessities. Alhmadulillah

No comments:

Post a Comment