Wednesday, April 15, 2020

What's Keeping Me Sane during the Community Quarantine

Have you accidentally clicked the link and found yourself here? You can touch the back button coz this is  an uninteresting post.

Still here? Don’t blame  me if I bore you haha.

So, why I posted this lame blog on my FB account if I advise you to leave it? Wala lang, maybe there are others who are too bored and might be fascinated to know the whereabouts of someone like me on this Community Quarantine... just in case... 

Anyway, just writing about how I am able to survive from this lockdown, coz someday I might miss this. This is my 21st day, no work, just  stayed home (as in boarding house)—ALONE.  I was kinda stranded in here due to the road closure from here and there. Honestly, “staying home”  is not  a big deal to me, in fact, I will be very grateful if it happens only in my home place.  With my nieces and nephews, surely I wouldn’t  mind a month long or even more Community Quarantine (for my case) . But unfortunately--- I'M NOT.  Wag ako maarte, still lucky that that's my only problem. 

But who says I’m sad??!! (no one ofcourse haha)  I’m trying to make use and enjoy it… there are few moments I feel the annoyance of being so unproductive but I can easily sheer the mood into something else. 

So what's keeping me sane instead letting doldrums outsmart me?

I still wake up early to perform Fajar Salah then I’ll sleep back. I’ll rise from bed at around 8:30 am or every time I’ll feel a little headache, I'll jolt out of bed ... i need to keep myself moving. 

For my food,   sometimes I cook instant meals, sometimes I’ll just eat bread with cheese or Pineapple Jam, sometimes our Project In Charge will send me food,   sometimes I'll just let Food Panda saves the day. This morning,  I  had Bread and Apples with bagoong. 

Because I couldn’t go to the laundry shop, l wash two or three clothes almost everyday, this way I can get some sunshine in our clothesline area.

I don’t wanna spend the rest of the quarantine period by just watching movies, tv series, eating, washing the dishes, sleeping… so I thought of writing again. Anything  goes , at least my mind wont  get rotten haha.

I read those books resting on my shelf for long time. I finally finished that Chicken Soup for the Soul. Started reading a self improvement book by Dale Carnegie. Even read that Kids Bedtime Stories (intended for my niece when she grows up a little).. I'm not a bookworm, sometimes I stayed in NBS, dawdling around, quick reads,   then I'll buy some books but would only read them in times like this. Sometimes I read them loud as if I'm talking to someone. 

Constant calls from home is keeping me sane. Watching videos and scrolling pictures of my nieces and nephews cheering me up. Listening to my niece telling me (in struggling words) about "Ponyo" is a bliss..  I told my sister to let her watch that,  she'll like that..  And she did. 

Been active on social media..  Posting "mystories" then delete some in a bit realizing I'm being pathetic. I reconnect with old friends.. Text them or Chat with them..  Maybe they're annoyed already.  Haha..  Had this chat a while ago with Teh from SoKor,  and I didn't  know chatting with these effects can be this fun. My first. 

Daily,  I'm getting myself a little exercise too,  those basics.  I tried to search in Youtube, I saw it hard so I went back to basic haha (yung pang elementary na exercise).

I'm constantly checking my body temperature,  I'm enjoying the alarm signal on my digital thermometer even I don't feel any fever at all. Guess,  I'm appreciating small stuff. 

I've been active filling up my happy journal book nowadays. This should be done in a period of one year but I'm too lazy or been work- exhausted to give it a zeal. And today's phrase turns out this way. 
How will I make this day special?  How can I make it different?  In our boarding house,  we had our back gate which I never knew where it leads to..  I've been curious about it,  so today I walked there, went out and saw the road!.. Babaw lang noh?  Haha..  At least my curiousity for almost 4 years ended there. In that case,  I followed Pres.  Duterte's advice na baka may dipa nga ako napupuntahan .


I'm watching a lot of vlogs..  Reading not so famous peole's personal blogs too--I actually enjoy reading ordinary people's lifestyle and blah blah, it's more fun and realistic. 

Oh, and I had lots of selfies too for the last 21 days..  I don't know how tiktok works but I'm fine with selfies..  As this is the only face I'm constantly seeing recently. Just checking if I'm still looking well hehe. 

This is actually my comfort zone,  having my ME-TIME ever..  I might miss this someday so I'm looking at the brighter side.  in the coming days,  I still have lots of things to do... Like cleaning and organizing my closet, throw away trashes (I've been keeping for reason I don't know why),   getting the books done,  finish drawing the improvement or plan for my house,  and maybe more blogs??.. 

This Covid 19 Pandemic will soon be over Inshaallah.. And once the community quarantine will be lifted,    surely we'll get really busy. But for now,  lets beat anxiety (if in case it's hitting us) . 

See? It wasn’t lonely at all. Still here?  Really?  😊😊😊

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha..Arte...cle nga.Nakakatawa ung part nung ngseselfie ka.hehehe

    ReplyDelete