Sunday, August 22, 2010

COMPARING AGAIN

This is my third job, and just like before I'm about to write here the difference between my current job and the most previous one..

I'll just make it quick and simple...

Today, I'm only dealing with only one project, yes it's project based..I'm more on the operation and implementation though I'm on the Commercial Department.. I do quantity surveying on  change orders or additive construction plans. Well, in my X, I'm also doing the estimate but not for real construction yet, for bidding only of different project proposals.

 My immediate supervisor (I'm talking with the cost engineer and not the project manager) is really kind and humble, in my previous one, I had a slightly bragging witch (oh sorry)..

But I hate our schedule in my present, that's strictly 7-6pm Mon-Friday, 7-4pm on Sat., (with OT allowance)...I had a terrible experience in counting every minute of it especially when no longer doing anything.. While in my previous, 8am-5pm on Mon-Fri and half day on Sat, not so strict, I'm always late then, but I just offset my time in the afternoon, no OT allowance, but ofcourse when you undergo overtime, that's being paid.

No internet connection while I had it before.

Salary is quiet higher than before.

And if on my previous job, we were required to wear semi formal attire and also sandals allowed, this time we're not... A uniform, that looked like those bus driver's uniform were issued to us, must be paired with descent jeans and close shoes....

....and so on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment