Thursday, July 17, 2014

Typhoon Rammasun (Glenda) Slammed Philippines

I'm supposed to blog yesterday about the wrath of Typhoon Glenda (Rammasun) but my internet connection went sluggish and sometimes completely lost, power supply was also shut down, I guess that's also one of the ferocious effects of Glenda.

 Classes in all levels were suspended...Even us had the option not to report to work, of course I chose not to..

 It's like it rained the whole night of Tuesday (May 15)..Wednesday at dawn still raining, it wasn't heavy though but the sky was really thick and dark.. Just when I was deciding to get up in bed , when the wind became really strong and disturbing... We can hear like objects were being blown outside, tin roofs seemed to be taken out of its place... Our glass window actually sustained breakage and rain water entered the hallway of out boarding house. This natural onslaught actually occured the whole morning yesterday... As to the news, this calamity claimed around 12 lives (or more) and not to mention the damages.

But I think this is still no compare to the Yolanda which killed thousands of lives, and for sure this another catastrophe reminded and terrified them... and in times like this we could only pray and find the best way we can do to keep ourselves safe.

As I'm on my way to work this morning, I saw the aftermath of Glenda, a lot of tree branches being scattered around, other tress were totally uprooted , different kind of debris were everywhere..  I wish I had taken pictures but I was in a hurry I'll be late for work.. (pero late pa rin talaga ako! Hehe) Just browse the internet for pictures.

Metro Aid and other concern citizens were doing their job, like cleaning and restoration of these damages... and as for me, I think I'm about to prepare a cost proposal for the damages in our project and notify our Insurance Company... ( I could roll my eyes and say errrrrr... but everybody's going to do their job nga naman.. hehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment