Wednesday, October 6, 2010

An escape to PALAWAN

Back to the place I had escaped from, Manila and my job. 3 days in Palawan is too short that it dishearten me leaving the place, there are still more beautiful places to visit, a must see scenery.

Anyway, this is just a sort of memoirs to look back, my adventure at the “City in the forest.”, one of the best and nicest places I ever been to....

Sunday. 5 minutes before 6pm when our plane had its take off at Ninoy Aquino International Airport. It’s already dark when we reached the vicinity of Palawan, I can see few lights from above. And 7pm when our plane landed to Puerto Princesa Airport. As I waited for my friend to fetch me, I observed the simplicity and peacefulness of the surrounding..

I waited for about 30 more minutes before my friend arrived (I forgave her  for keeping me waiting, lol). We had our dinner  in one of the resto there, and had headed to their Baywalk , full of colorful lights and also full of people, that’s why I didn’t take a photo of it the first time I got there.

The following day, we decided to go for an island hopping. We rented a boat at Honda bay, and the next thing, we are exploring the clear blue sea. We passed by into different beautiful islands and enchanting mountains... They are remarkably wonderful.



The calmest sea I've ever seen..I was just thinking of the idea of bringing a bottle with a message in it and throw it there would probably reach no one…. Storm might help.

We chose to stop at what they called Snake Island, and yes! It looked like snake. We aimlessly walked into the white sand, swim and feed the fishes! Due to the clearness of the water you can see the fishes swimming around you. I had this cute experience with a “territorial fish” cordoning a big stone, their house maybe, it will run after you every time you’ll get near their territory. Actually I was bitten many times by it, don’t worry their bites don’t really hurt.


Following day... Under Ground River is  our next destination, but before we reach the place, our van stopped at this spot, and we took some pictures.. Looking at this view made me wish to build my own house at this place… The scenery seemed to ease all your stresses. Time is up, we must keep going.

On our way to underground River



The Underground River . The formation of rocks are amazing....

Crocodile Farm

Baker’s Hill



..and of course it would be unfair to Baker's Hill if we only take pictures and not buy their products... So, I got this..


Baywalk and Souvenirs

Resto bar after Baywalk. Last night anyway at Palawan..

Puerto Princesa’ Airport, Wednesday, my last day.. Oh, I hate to leave….

Seeing the evidence of Palawan’s enchanting beauty didn’t end there. Just after our plane departed from Puerto Princesa’s Airport, view from above is so breath taking...and I found myself  just saying WOW, again and again...Yep, I still managed to look down though I was feeling dizzy doing it.. I just can’t take my eyes off at those islets. Then the memories of my childhood days flashing back, I used to observe the clouds and distinguish objects and animals being formed by those thick billows. But this time, it’s not the cloud, but the islands I am seeing from up there, (oh, I’m in the clouds anyway).

That’s all… I must go back… I wish I can go back…

 

2 comments:

  1. ahahaha...next stop..EL NIDO!!!isama na naten ang CORON&BUSUANGA..mas maganda jan eh...try mo igugel..malau nga lang dito sa city kya dapat mas mahaba ang leave nyo...^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha.. sige sige... kasoy lang katapat ni sir kapag same job pa rin ako by that time... hahahaha...

    ReplyDelete