Sunday, February 21, 2016

Lost in Hongkong & Macau

I've been wanting to visit HK, I tried to invite possible travel buddies but they just can't make it. I was hopeless.. 

Then just a week before my actual visit to HK and Macau, a former officemate (our project nurse who was transferred to other project) asked me to go to HK...  Though I've been wanting to say yes, I was hesitant first... we got only 1 week to prepare, no plane tickets yet.. our target date will be on the Chinese New Year (Feb 8)... it would mean EXPENSIVE! .. but I ended up saying yes...

Next thing is : We booked a flight... Looked for an agency for our land arrangement (airport transfers, Half Day City Tour and Disney)- that's for our first day.. second and third Day will be our free time.

And the story started...

6th of Feb. I still had to go to work till 4pm and headed to airport after working. Glad my current project site is just across NAIA 3.

Arrived at HK airport around 10:00pm... It was too cold out there! Temperature was ranging from 11 to 16 degrees...


View from our Hotel Room.. Rambler Garden Hotel.

Our first day itinerary was arranged by our agency.. the half day city tour and Disney..

We are fetched by our tour guide in our hotel past 8a.m along with other Filipino tourists who also avail the package..

Our first city tour stop started here.
Next stop:
On a jewelry souvenir shop

3rd stop:
Midpeak of Victoria.


4th Stop:

Boat ride.





5th stop:
DisneyLand!

Anyway, meet my travel buddy... someone you won't expect me to travel with because we are completely opposite in so many ways... like she's on heels & boots while I'm on sneakers, she would spend so much time in putting make up while I couldn't even put powder on my face or comb my hair and so on... haha.. but our differences didn't matter,  we had fun!


Bringing back the child in me at Disney!





Feeling like a princess! Haha.. just wanna apologize for that awkward pose.

Fireworks!

2nd day
No more tour guide this time.. just us off to Macau. Took mini bus from our hotel.. to the train station... to there and there..

We just kept on asking.. too many Filipinos there anyway... like everywhere you go..so asking wasn't really that tough..

We took a Ferry to Macau.. travel time is just an hour... and we docked at Macau Ferry Station 1:30pm.

At the Station.. there are various buses from different hotels who offer free rides. We hopped on a bus going to Venetian Macau...

The Venetian.



Surely you can't help it but take a selfie when you get there.. so don't blame me for this.. haha


After consuming our very limited time at the Venetian, we took a taxi going to the other side of Macau.







We stroll around Asia's version of Las Vegas , got lost there, got hungry and got tired! But it was all worth it.. The specific places we visited are St. Paul Ruins---KoiKei Bakery--- Senado Square...

Our Macau tour was exactly held at the 1st day of Chinese New Year, maybe that's why there are too many people at that time..

From the Senado Square, we walked all the way to the Lisboa Hotel and took a bus there going to another Ferry station..

The scene at the station.

Before 9pm, we're back to HK.

3rd day.

We went to the Victoria Peak --- with someone I just met that day.. it was my friend's deal.. she just met him thru Wechat.. At first I hate the idea of letting him join us.. he's a complete stranger!!  But what can I do when he's already waiting for us at the hotel lobby.. ? my friend explained that she didn't expect him to show up.. Honestly, at first, I was reluctant... but he seems nice and harmless... and we didn't wanna be rude too...

At the end of the day, we are glad we let him join us... he became our tour guide, we could  be lost if he wasn't around..  and I wasn't  wrong, he's harmless... it's nice talking to him.. I could say, that sometimes talking to a complete stranger is a good experience.. just be cautious!

With him.. sorry, I couldn't even remember his name.

 At the Peak!



Then we walked around the busy streets of Nathan and Mong Kok... Then back to the hotel..  My friend extended her vacation to Shenzen so I was left alone waiting for the service to pick me and will send me off to the airport (part of our availed tour package)..

Souvenir!


My HK-Macau Trip is something I would always remember.. it happened a bit impulsive, only a week preparation but no regrets for that.  It's quite expensive there too and the locals aren't that accommodating, even smiling seems so hard to afford as well.... but don't mind them, if you want to have a quick break from your busy days, I would still recommend HK and Macau as places you can visit..

No comments:

Post a Comment