Friday, July 9, 2010

The agony of "FIRST DAY IN A NEW JOB" symptom

7:32pm 7/10/2010                                                                                                                                                                           

This Monday will be my first day in a new job and I wonder how things would take into place. My new company is rated triple A general building construction. It’s a big company with big and multi million projects. One of their projects includes this towering building One Rockwell, commercial establishments like Greenbelt 5, and also the ABS CBN building. And now, I am based at their on going project at Ayala, Makati, the Discovery Primea, a 67 storey condo.

Working relationship with the other employees is very much important to me, it plays a big role in attaining a fulfilling job. Now, I lure on the thoughts on how these people of DATEM would welcome me. In my previous job, I was lucky enough to have a good co-workers who happened to be my team mate.. They were all great not to mention ---never mind.

I had a view of their office site-- where in I will also be assigned, when I had the final interview with the project manager. As expected, men outnumbered women, I guess I saw about 3 or 4 girls only. Everybody seemed to be very busy with their assigned task, and nobody care of my existence except the receptionist who mistaken me first as practicumer. Well, how would I take that, compliment because I still look young, or an indirect criticism because I don’t looked like a real engineer?… huh!

Oh, my! Monday is about to slap my face! I taste the feeling of excitement and tenseness…. I’m becoming paranoid now, imagining my self invincible as soon as I step into their office. Would they even say hi to me? Or should I count raising eyebrows? Or will I just stay unnoticed with my big eyes and long fingers…hahahah… just like aliens…

Whatever! Whatever! And another whatever!... I will be fine.. I will be nice so they will be nice to me as well… but if they won’t, then I must not care! If they’ll throw me pebbles… then I’ll throw them back boulders!!! … just kidding, I’m just comforting my self.. hahaha                               

Anyway, why do I care about these people and not on the nature of job itself??? Yes, after all, that’s the main dish.

So, wish me luck………………..

No comments:

Post a Comment