Friday, June 12, 2015

A Day in Calatagan Batangas

Last year, I spent the Independence Day at Siem Reap Cambodia...  Now I'm spending it on the beach.. yes, because I just can't stay home doing nothing..

I've read some articles where we can go for an escapade, not so far from Manila.. There goes the Burot Beach at Calatagan Batangas... too many positive reviews about it... so, without so much of planning, here we come.

We arrived there almost mid noon, the scorching heat of the sun is almost unbearable, but ofcourse we have to bear it or we'll end up losers.

It  may not parallel the beauty of other beaches I've been like the Gumasa Beach, The Puerto Princesa Beaches, Anawangin and the Monkey Beach at Penang, still I would recommend this if you are looking for a place to go with few hours drive from the Metro.. The scenery was nice... so, it's okay.

Since we didn't have the plan to stay overnight, we we're not able to witness the sunset nor the sunrise which I think would be the best time to enjoy and appreciate what this place could offer..

Pictures:







What kind of trees are these??? They're too many of them here.. If Japan has Sakura Tress, then we have this.

Calatagan, Bayan. It's where we waited for the tricycle driver to take us to the beach..  

What I like about this beach:
1. The rock formations are beautiful
2. You won't spend much money 
3. The golden sand
4. Beautiful scenery
5. Not too far from Manila
6. The calm sea. Actually I'm not sure if I'm gonna love that.. sometimes, the waves are fun (kahit di naman ako marunong lumangoy)
7. The Trees

What I Don't Really Like about it:
1. Too crowded! I wasn't expecting it to be that crowded since the place isn't developed yet, no electricity, no hotels, no convenience store, FYI
2. Toilet rooms are not really clean
3. Lacking of garbage bin
4. I don't think the sea water is inviting.. too many sea weeds..
5. They should have secluded an area for parking.. vehicles park everywhere, even almost at the shore.

Who says I need too many friends or a lovelife when I have a good friend here?.. My travel buddy Margaux (not her real name).



"Dear teh, I know it would have been much fun pag kasama natin sina Lee, Marj, Mela , Jay R or kung sino sino pa, ganon talaga, tayo lang yung walang magawa.. haha!.. you should get married or atleast find an official and real life boyfriend at babawasan ko pang aabala sayo.. promise.. haha!. THANKS ANYWAY!"



The time we spent at beach is shorter than the time we're on the bus.. and it didn't matter because I love the ride as well... we had a non air bus when we left Calatagan.. at first, I thought it would be uncomfortable ...I was wrong..  site seeing, the open air, the music on the bus... that was fun! (Lakas maka-emo! Haha.. ang baduy ko lang!) And to that guy next to us...(na may dalang halaman) he made my day without him knowing why.. kung sino ka man, salamat! :)

How we got there.


-Took a bus near MRT Taft, at the back of McDonalds (Php152) for about 3hours,
-alighted at Lian Batangas and took a jeepney going to Bayan Calatagan (38.00) about 1 hour,
-tricycle  going to Burot Beach (150), about 20 minutes
-entrance - 65, table rental - 400
-back home, took the tricycle again and took off at the bus terminal at Calatagan
-Calatagan to Coastal Mall  4 hours- 140




No comments:

Post a Comment