Sunday, November 22, 2015

Exploring The Ilocandia!

"YOU DON'T ALWAYS NEED A  PLAN. SOMETIMES YOU JUST NEED TO BREATH, TRUST, LET GO AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS"

Maybe I was just inspired by the quote above in deciding that I should get out  of my comfort zone for a while, to forget my busy dull world and yes, just breath!.. If you may know--my so called "comfort zone" is something I am doubtful if its truly comforting.. (chos, who cares?! haha)..

Anyway, few days before the APEC Summit holidays, I thought that I must not waste my time just counting sheep in my room knowing that the means of transportation around Metro will be terrible, so I texted my friend asking her that maybe we could go to Ilocos, "just go there and bahala na".

I read just a little about the place for our possible itineraries, but not too focused on it.. I was busy at work and I hadn't enough time to book room accommodation online... as I've said, come what may... Vigan, I'm coming... ready or not.

Tuesday. 4pm sharp when I left the office.. I went back home to pick up my things. I headed to Cubao to meet my friends there at around 6pm, and as expected, had a hard time going there. Just in time when we reached the bus terminal. We chose VIP Dominion Bus.. you'll have your comfortable seat with toilet inside.. Anyway, we left at 8:30pm and reached Vigan at 3:40am. There were pedicab drivers who will offer you a ride at the bus terminal, just trust your instinct in choosing the trusted one..  and we chose one.

He brought us to one of the Inn there (sorry, I forgot the name)... The room was just okay, surely it wasn't the best one but we are too tired to be picky. The price is right, they didn't charge us for the early check in.


Wednesday. The same driver who took us around Vigan. We started the tour at 8am. Our first photo for that day, outside our Inn.

Pottery.



Crisologo Museum


Loom Weaving
Hidden Garden


We had our lunch there at the Hidden Garden. - Lilong and Lilang Resto.

We went back to our Inn after lunch because aside from the unbearable scorching heat of the sun, we're kinda feeling sleepy.. I know that wasn't the right time to sleep... but we slept... we asked our driver slash our tour guide to fetch us at 4pm and continued with our adventure.

Baluarte

Bantay Bell... This tower that stands still between the greener part and Urban area of Vigan had witnessed the history of this place. It was refreshing being there.

Vigan city!

Vigan National Museum. But to our dismay, it was already closed when we got there.. our fault, we slept kase  (wag tutularan, alam ng limited yung time).

The famous Calle Crisologo.. The sound of the Kalesa passing by with these kind of structures, it feels like you are part of the history.. The architectural touch of the place is still intact but I think I have to read back all about Vigan..

Kalesa Experience

We had dinner at one of the Resto there.


The Magical Dancing Fountain.. How come this attraction is for free??? FYI, there are no entrance fees to most of their attractions, you just have to drop as much as you want donations.

Back to our hotel.. But before this part of my blog ends, I had reviewed the history of Vigan. Nakakahiya naman, pablog blog pa ako, diko naman alam ang kwento. Haha

Vigan is one the country's most unique and extensive town that had survived from way back 16th Century Spanish Colonial Period. It played an important role in coastal trading long before the Spanish Galleon trade. Chinese merchants sailing from South China sea came to barter different kinds of goods... and the rest is history! (Kayo na, research nyo rin :) )..

Recently, Vigan city is recognized as of the New7Wonders Cities in the world... amazing huh??  

That's it for Vigan.

Thursday. 7am Checked out and we're heading to Laoag... going there is actually not part of our scheme... I thought it would be impossible, dalawang araw lang kase yung holiday, ubos na vacation leave ko haha! But we made it.

2 hours after, welcome to Ilocos Norte!

Ferdinand Marcos Presidential Center. Unfortunately, there was power interruption that day that we were not allowed to get in... Tough lucks really happen though. So all I can do is to take a selfie from the outside.

The Paoay Church.. 

The Paoay Lake. Breathtaking scenery! At the other side, The Malacanang of the North is overlooking.

Ilocos Norte Sand Dune. Our time was too limited to take the 4 x 4 ride.. maybe next time, if given the chance to return..

Fort Ilocandia. Beautiful Place. It felt like you're in other country. The garden area reminds me of that cartoon Mary and The Secret Garden.. The reddish bricks that walled the the place adds its sophistication and serene at the same time. Fort Ilocandia is the only luxury hotel at the Northern part of the Philippines but nice to know that roaming around there is allowed.

Malacanang of The North.. Another fortress of the Marcos.

Laoag City's The Sinking Tower.. yes, it's in the Laoag City Center and its literally sinking.. 

That's all! our tour ended at 1:30PM.. We took the Partas Bus at 2PM. I know, you might be expecting, what about Pagudpud??? I would love to see the Bangui Wind Mills too but we hadn't had enough time.. 

We reached Cubao at around 2:30 in the morning. That was long ride I know... Glad I'm enjoying the bus rides too.. Back to work in the afternoon...absent sa morning, di kaya ng powers!

Indeed it's true that "Life is like a book, if you do not travel, you only read one page" -- St. Augustine..


No comments:

Post a Comment