Sunday, July 26, 2009

first job

My first job? One of the really tragic!! Hahaha... ofcourse not, only that, I never expect that working would be that..... harsh?? Too much for that.

 

My first job lasted for almost a year only...  tough enough... haha

Here how I started:

 

The first company I submitted by application here in Davao was where my first job is, maybe I was so overwhelmed then that I didn’t hesitate in grabbing it. I was offered a minimum rate salary since it was my first job ever, i have nothing against that because I really wanted to learn.. and my boss said, I will be trained... I dont no know, no one trained me! I trained myself!!! Maybe that’s the rule.. so,it was office engineer my position, but after a month, they handed me a paper that I need to sign, it was a two year contract being an office engineer... you know what I did, i refused to sign. It is clear in my mind that the other boss told me during the interview that they’ll be  issuing me a 1 year contract only, aint that a ploy? So that’s it, my disapproval of the contract is actually a decision I will never ever regret, finally I made a good one.. hahaha.

 

Dont you know that I almost quit during the second day? I was held to have an overtime, ofcourse I have no choice or else they will let me report the following day, Sunday! Hell, Im not a machine... I went home that day almost midnight... Never in my wildest dream going home at that point of time.... especially in my first job, at the very second day... they should hire superman! Haha.. If I agree to that contract then maybe my eyebags now are larger than my very own eyes, I’ll be as thin as the fence rail..

 

Anyway, since I refused to sign the contract, they changed my position into a resident engineer, that is supervising the field works. Well, I missused the word “change”- but that’s the term they seemed to be appropriate... Actually my responsibilities became heavier, during the night or not so critical activities, I report to the office and still act as an office engineer, even the liason’s work I tend to do...really multitasking.... I realized that I was hired, a beginner, so I still dont know how to complain, I hated my self for that.. not only that, my boss wouldn’t complete his day without shouting, scolding, complaining and whatevers! I think he’s the bad side of humpty dumpty, hope he would fall into that wall.. hahaha.. he sees only your mistake and never recognize your effort, never appreciates you...I almost lost my self confidence, many times I thought of giving up.... but I dont want to end up with that kind of impression, never! Never on my first job!

 

Although I started to despise my work and dreaded each day I wake up, I had to stay. Whirlwind of activities in weekdays and I loved Sunday so much...

 

But ofcourse I wont last that long if I am not learning.. I learned many things... I became stronger....i look at the brighter side of being miserable there.... Despite of that attitude of my boss, I still thanked him, he’s always a part of my working experience...there were also moments he’s being rational and humane.. hahaha... he congratulates me for winning the bid that was estimated by me, he compliments good to the activity in our road project, he thanked me for processing the collection or billing of the project I once handled, he greeted me first good morning in the phone when he was in singapore.............that’s the only relieving moments I could ever remember... not bad enough...

 

So that’s my first job... so much to say but my eyes kinda aching facing this laptop...

No comments:

Post a Comment