Sunday, January 23, 2011

CAREER CHECK

Did you ever wonder if you had took other career path than what you are embracing right now? If so, what could that probably be?

I'm a civil engineer but it wasn’t my dream occupation when I was a child. From ECE stude (which I really don’t feel my belongingness as well), I shifted to CE. It’s as if I ran out of choices. Generally, I didn’t imagine myself being an engineer someday, I just let the current take me here. But I am now! And there are truly moments that I regret it, but I cut the idea as fast as I could, it’s only making me bitter. Instead, I am learning to love this profession. It caused me hardships, sweats and tears before, so I guess it deserves a recognition and acceptance.

But just for random thoughts, what if Engineering was never an option to me, then I would be what? Sometimes, I could wish I am a nurse, not because I liked it, in fact bloods make my face pale, but because of  the opportunities abroad. God, I so love to visit other countries.

During elementary days, I wrote my imaginative stories in intermediate papers and distribute it to my classmates, they’d enjoyed reading it, and they even requested me to write more. I thought I’m going to be a writer someday. But now, I’m not and maybe I have no ability to do so. My current profession is miles different from it, no way to improve that childhood ambition. So in able not to rot this form of passion, I still write… though I am also the solo reader of those.

 Aside from being a writer, I was having fun acting myself like I'm a teacher...that's also during my younger days. I make lectures and questionnaires, and my younger siblings are my students. I’d love to be a teacher then. Maybe my father who’s  truly an advocator of education influenced me, as a matter of fact, he reached his highest doctoral degree.

But in high school, where class reporting almost happens everyday, I realized that I am not confident enough to face the crowd. So the dream of being a teacher went out of my mind. But you know what, maybe I won’t complain if I am teacher right now. I agree with what some people say that you’ll find fulfillment in teaching even for sometimes of your life.

And in terms of of my impossible dream job... that would be on the plane, a cabin crew... actually, i'd love to be one not because of the description itself but the chance of circumscribing the world. But for my qualification, it would be X, that's why its impossible huh. haha... another one, an animator (is that how they call it?) though i'm not really that good in drawings.

That’s it. This is just a sort of reflection and I’m still on the process of finding the beauty of my career. I wish someday, I’ll wake up everyday with a smile on my face knowing that I’m about to do a thing that I passionately hooked to.

2 comments: