Monday, June 21, 2010

The "lost files" is haunting me

.. Here I am again, crying over the spilt milk, after almost 2 weeks I had my laptop fixed due to those viruses that infected it, I had visited the shop where I had it  fixed, I asked them If they had kept a copy of those files I requested them to back up. Unfortunately, they don't have it anymore, blame me, why did I do this just today and not the moment after I had my laptop???

Actually I could remember that they asked me if those were the "only" files I wanted, I said yes without checking that the folder I placed in all those significant files were not as complete as before... (malay ko ba???!!)

I took care of those files for two years, and just like pricked balloon, they're gone.. I feel so zero now, I used those files for my reference,my guide, my memorabilia, my whatevers.... from my important engineering files down to my senseless thoughts,-- estimates, bill of quantities, projects, change orders, work-manpower-equipment schedules, charts, construction method, bidding documents, As-built plans, accomplishments reports, cover letters, request letters, resume, resignation letter, pictures and even my diary!!!---(I'm mentioning it, kase yun na lang ang ala ala ko.. huhu) I regret that I let my sister erased copy of those files when I gave her my USB..

So, what's the use of writing this down?????.. to blow that thought away... save them here and not to myself.... so, "lost files" stop haunting me..... anyway, restoring them is impossible now, but I can l always create and find new (syempre naman! diba??)

No comments:

Post a Comment