Friday, April 18, 2014

My Good Friday

Because I can't let myself spoil in my room today just like yesterday (because i have 4 days off straight due to the holyweek), I decided to feel the air and get myself burned by the summer sun.. Yes, it was so hot today. And since I can't get  my self away from the city, so I had a stroll just around Metro Manila(because I wasn't able  to book a flight and my excuses are not valid so I hated myself, I have to deal with my boredom). . I can't get expensive, so I'll go cheap.. hahaha

I asked my friend to accompany me with my itinerary today.. I was thinking of going to Intramuros, I never been there.. I told her to meet me halfway.. So, our meeting place is the Rizal Park (Luneta Park), hehe.. I got there sometime in 2010 with some of my family members when we cross over from Taft going to our main destination, the Manila Ocean Park.

Tadan! The Rizal park! Just like Dora The Explorer, I was here! For some average people, they wouldn't go there.. They said, it's where the housemaids and poor people go during their day off..  its the lovers rendezvous, its the probinsyana's tambayan (ano naman? Probinsyana naman talaga ako!).. they find it cheap! That was also my thinking before, but now I'm matured enough... so what???!! I'm not there to watch the lovers publicly displaying their affection, I hate that scene too, but I don't give a damn care(palibhasa loveless.. haha)
Anyway, aside from the people having their moments which I don't really mind.. I love to see the old monuments, structure and statue of remarkable people... Like I'm being back to my history subject.

 
Then we had a stopped at Chinese Park just nearby.. It wasn't really that bad... It's a way much better view than the four corner of my dull room. It's just too crowded and needs a bit of enhancement and maintenance.

Finally..its the Intramuros! I was amazed how could these houses, offices and churches could stand firmly over the years.. 

It's nice there.. as I was saying the old preserved buildings are beautiful.. it's a nice spot to get your self a walk if you have nowhere to go in Manila and feel like you are reading back your "HEKASI" subject thru your own eyes.

After that tiring stroll.. we had a quick walk at Mckinley hill, The fort.. Actually, we're a bit lost.. haha.. as if we are truly a stranger in here.. No MRT today, so we took jeepneys, buses and taxi just to reach  Fort Bonifacio, Global City from Manila.. Anyway, I think Global City is much progressive and organized than Manila, but the latter had preserve Philippines historical site.

Its the Venice Piazza.

That's it..I've been really exhausted walking from here and there... plus the extreme heat of the sun.. But I had a great day!

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment