Sunday, March 2, 2014

Life at the Construction

When I was  young I never wished to be working in a construction site.. I thought, its for the boys! Also, knowing that I graduated in an exclusive for girls only during highschool, you wouldn't expect me to be working in a field majority of men..

I  loved to become a writer, a painter (ambisyosa din ako, wala naman akong talent! Haha), being a stewardess also crossed my mind because I dreamed of travelling around the world (lahat naman siguro pangarap yun), I even thought I'm going to become a teacher! (But when I realized I have fear of facing the crowd, i stopped wanting it)....

But I never dreamed to become an engineer! I just had it! I became one.. And now I am working in a construction firm. This is my 3rd job and the longest time I'm in.. Its been almost four years, and I'm still here at The Discovery Primea Project, 67 storey condo along Ayala Avenue..

Yes, its been almost four long years, if only I followed my father's advice to pursue a Masteral Degree, then I must be graduating by now, sorry, I was tired of schooling na kasi...

I thought I would stay there for just a year.. and I'm even so tired of hearing myself saying I am resigning! .. I said I am unhappy here or maybe I'm just blind to see that I'm enjoying it because I'm thinking too many other options.

But the following pictures I'm about to show might describe that I was not totally unhappy there.

This is my everyday view.. I walked this path 6 times a week!


The evolution of the Discovery Primea.. I started from Basement 3 if I remember it right... up to the helipad! And now we are structurally completed.. Finishes and additional works on going.. actually, we are delayed due to some changes and etceteras... completion date supposed to be last December 2013... and we are extending up to unknown date.


The Company Christmas Party I attended.
                                          2010

                                         2011

                                          2012

                                          2013

Chrismas Party at the Project Site
                                          2010

                                          2011

                                          2012
                                          2013

The Company Outings
                                          2011

                                         2012

                                         2013
Maybe more than half of these people are no longer with us.. For us who were left behind, its a sad thing, and for those moved away, I'm glad they are having a new life..

Next picture is our  Site Moments.. I'm a Cost Engineer/ Q.S so though I was assigned at the project site itself,  I've seen the on going construction maybe just more or less 5 times only.. and got myself locked at my table computing, estimating, costing and etceteras! From our office at basement 4, which is kinda creepy, I don't know whats going on up there.. Yah, its kinda boring but I'm used to it..

The Dance Practices for Christmas Party Competition, our Project vs the other projects.. at 2010, we ranked 2nd or 3rd? (Dont remember), 2011-  we ranked 1st, 2012- 3rd, 2013 - no competition due to typhoon Yolanda... I hate dancing in public, but I got no choice. Hehe
Anyway, that look on James face could make me laugh, dear james, would you curse me if you'll know I posted this on the web? Haha.. what were you trying to show there? Happy face? Hehe

The lunch outs. We usually eat our lunch on Saturdays at the nearby establishments, SM, Landmark and Glorietta which are just across Discovery Primea.. But when we transferred office from Ground to Basement 4, we got tired of going out..

The  Topping off. That was last year February, and the first time I stepped my feet on the helipad.

The Grandball - our company's 30th anniversary! I thought I didn't want to join, but when my Project Manger asked me why, i couldn't give him a valid answer... being a killjoy and not a Party-goer isn't acceptable!

And ofcourse, the undying selfies!  Haha.. spare me.

Finally! Meet my comfort zone.. my messy table!
There it goes.. ang sipag kong gawin to noh?  And maybe to some, this is just nonsense... i value things even the smallest detail of it.. and to some maybe its a waste of time.. anyway, i have so much time to waste kaya walang pakialamanan! Haha.. just kidding.

So am I feeling a weight on my shoes everytime I go to work? Yeah sometimes, sabi ko sawang sawa na ako.. i need a new life.. pero sawang sawa na rin akong sabihing magreresign na ako! I've drafted so many resignation letters already. Wala ng naniniwala sa aken , pati ako ayaw ko na rin paniwalaan sinasabi ko.. hahaha.. Pero okay naman ako, okay pa naman siguro kaya okay pa ako dito.. who knows baka bukas totohanin ko na. Haha..

On the other side, I'm looking at the good side of it.. Not everybody is blessed to have a stable job, to have a profession like mine.. maybe because I don't have to go abroad because I don't need to.. Others go abroad because they have to, ako gusto ko lang dahil curious ako.. plus factor na yung malaking sahod. Others have to bare the hardships in being a OFW dahil kailangan nila ngayon, ako, i just don't want to answer "what if" in the future... baka mababaw pa yung dahilan ko kaya kulang pa ako sa guts, so maybe I don't need to rush.. there's perfect timing for everything, di bale ng I'm getting old, I don't look my real age naman.. hahaha.. Maybe, I should pray more to grant me that wisdom to know what I really wanted to do and appreciate what I already have..

Not everybody's source of happiness could also be the same source to mine..  hindi lahat ng bagay na nagpapasaya sa iba ay sya ring magpapasaya sayo. Because everyone is made differently.. and I've read somewhere, happiness is not about the people you are with, not about the place you're at, not the things you had..... its from yourself, its from within..... I do agree, but I just need to feel it..

Good morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment